Thursday, June 11, 2015

THE TENT OF MEETING (Exodus 33:7-11)

© 2015, Ayobami Temitope Kehinde


2015-06-11 16.00.59
Moses pitched a tent outside the camp as a place to enquire from the Lord. The tent was for anyone and not for Moses alone. I don’t know if any other person usually went to the tent, but it is clear from the passage that everytime Moses was in the tent, Joshua, his aide was always there with him. But each time he left, Joshua would stay back. Doing what? Seeking the face of God, enquiring of Him, no wonder he was qualified to succeed Moses.
saturate
The presence of God is available for everyone to seek as the tent of meeting Moses pitched was open to all. But did all take advantage of the opportunity? I’m beginning to think it is possible Caleb used to go to the tent to dwell in God’s presence also. If not, how did he come about the different spirit the Lord testified about in Numbers 14:24? Definitely, it was not only Joshua that was constant in the tent, since it belonged to everybody and to nobody (pun intended).
There are secrets to learn in the presence of God. Stupid mentalities, habits and besetting sins are bound to set us free when we consistently abide in His presence. Being in the presence of God is not only reserved for folks ‘training’ to be pastors, evangelists, missionaries, bishops, mummy pastors, general overseers et al. It is for everyone. As a matter of fact the promise of God to His people is that they will be called His priests and ministers (Isaiah 61:6). So, if you belong to Him, that promise is yours, it behoves you to align yourself with it or choose not to.
Now, you don’t have to be a conventional pastor, minister or priest for this promise to apply to you. The promise does not automatically sentence you to seminary or becoming a ‘mummy pastor’. You can be a representative of God in your field. Actually, the mind of God is for us all to shine in the midst of the darkness of this world right where we are. So, if you are a seafarer like me, you are expected to shine for Him. If you are a teacher, your colleagues and pupils/students should know there is something different about you. Are you a nurse? Let that light shine as you attend to patients. I remember a few years back when one of my aunties, Auntie Voke, in Port Harcourt put to bed. My friend, Inikpi, who was living with the family then told me about a particular nurse in the hospital where she was delivered of the baby. That nurse was different, always joyful and tender with patients. Oh yes, she was a Christian. Unfortunately, I did not get to meet her when I went to visit.
2015-06-11 15.55.45
Dwell in His presence. His presence is filled with everything we need to be the best in life. Every single thing we need for life and godliness is found in Him—2 Peter 1:3— innovations, uncommon ideas, inventions, award winning stories, songs, books, comfort in days of trouble, succour in the tempest, joy unspeakable etc. plus the grace and enablement to live a righteous and holy life in this perverse generation, you will find them there. If only we will jealously seek to be unrepentant carriers of His presence. Joshua always stayed back to seek Him even when his ‘boss’ in the Lord left the tent. Will you seek Him also even when others around you prefer to be spoon-fed and not seek to know Him personally, when they are contented with settling for crumbs, when the people you respect in the Lord ‘leave the tent’? There is no way you will be a carrier of His presence that you will not stand out.
This admonition applies first to me. What I say to myself, I say to you.
Father, help me to continuously desire and seek Your presence like Joshua did, even when I am weary and dreary, may I seek you still.


Psalm 27:4-6 (AMP)
4 One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek, inquire for, and [insistently] require: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord [in His presence] all the days of my life, to behold and gaze upon the beauty [the sweet attractiveness and the delightful loveliness] of the Lord and to meditate, consider, and inquire in His temple. [Ps. 16:11; 18:6; 65:4; Luke 2:37.]
5 For in the day of trouble He will hide me in His shelter; in the secret place of His tent will He hide me; He will set me high upon a rock.
6 And now shall my head be lifted up above my enemies round about me; in His tent I will offer sacrifices and shouting of joy; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.
Isaiah 33:14-17 (AMP)
14 The sinners in Zion are afraid; trembling seizes the godless ones. [They cry] Who among us can dwell with that devouring fire? Who among us can dwell with those everlasting burnings?
15 He who walks righteously and speaks uprightly, who despises gain from fraud and from oppression, who shakes his hand free from the taking of bribes, who stops his ears from hearing of bloodshed and shuts his eyes to avoid looking upon evil.
16 [Such a man] will dwell on the heights; his place of defense will be the fortresses of rocks; his bread will be given him; water for him will be sure.
17 Your eyes will see the King in His beauty; [your eyes] will behold a land of wide distances that stretches afar.


Photo Source: http://vfntv1.blogspot.com/2014/01/saturate-immerse-soak-called-to-be.html#!/2014/01/saturate-immerse-soak-called-to-be.html
Also featured on https://ayustoppydaykay.wordpress.com/2015/06/12/the-tent-of-meeting-exodus-337-11/

No comments:

Post a Comment